Do You Show Up Daily?
First of all, most entrepreneurs don’t think of themselves of employees. Heck, a lot are in this game of building their own business just to exit the whole framework of having a “boss”, being an “employee”!
In the home business industry there is no time-clock…but…the go-getter doesn’t need a punch card or payroll time ticket…they’re driven to achieve.
But there’s a hitch…when juggling the j.o.b. and relationships and then your home business…a niggling awareness of the challenge to show up daily. Then the “little voices” on your shoulder distracting you, telling you to put it off for another time.
Procrastination…Happens to the Best
Do you get to the end of yet another day with the realization that once again your intentions to take action are still intentions…?
You are not alone.
At the same time…knowing that there’s a world of folks that share that same frustration doesn’t serve you to give yourself permission to continue putting things off. This is your life, this is your business. Your hopes, goals are still there waiting to be reached. You have family and friends, watching for your results.
That can open up a whole other conversation.
Let’s link arms here. Your success is within reach. It may take longer that you anticipated but…don’t let go of them.
So what is the answer to procrastination?
Even if You Only Have Minutes at a Time
Here’s a short video speaking to the power of using even 15 segments of time to move your business forward. It’s only just over 2 minutes.
Getting a Handle on those Minutes that Slip Away
Here’s a list of action steps that will help you take your control back of your time.
- Treat your business like a second job. Approach it with the same punctuality that you attend your job.
- Negotiate with your family and significant others…or yourself, prescribed hours that you are working on your business.
- Keep those hours, set Social Media off, shut the door and focus on the most important activities for that day.
- Approach your business with a plan. Identify the activities that will make you money
- Make a list of daily actions, we call it Daily Method of Operations, action you will take every day. Post it at your work space as a guide
- Every night, list the End of Day results, review your DMO (Daily Method of Operation) for the next day as you approach your sleep.
This is an abbreviated guideline to becoming regular in income producing activities for your business. I would add that you know what your business needs. If you are lost in this…reach out to me and let’s talk. Find a mentor in your circle, MLM or online community to be accountable.
Celebrate every and any success with your support system. Release fun, good energy and accountability with those who are closest to you.
This week, take this list of action steps and rob procrastination of it’s power to cause you to stumble in pursuit of your goals.