In 2002, I knew that marketing my MLM in our town of 33K with 5 competitors, I had limitations.
I knew I wasn’t interested in looking at each person I talked to as a potential MLM customer or business partner. I knew there had to be a better way.
I met a mentor in my MLM who felt the same way. For the next 8 years:
- I cold called leads
- Mailed out countless product information packages for my MLM
- Bought numerous training classes on Personal Development, Blogging, Lead Generation and more,
- Contributed posts to a community blog consistently to help build someone else’s brand.
- Supported a newsletter with frequent commenting to stimulate site interaction for someone else’s brand.
- Wrote dozens of articles with links back to websites that were again, building another person’s dream.
- Attended live events across the country from the west to the east coast.
- Paid big bucks for coaching
- Expected lead generation promises only to be disappointed.
- Spent tons of money and time in the process
I have a video that tells you a bit about this journey here.
Why am I telling you all this?
Because in 2007, this mentor locked into Attraction Marketing
He quickly recognized the power of Attraction Marketing and taught it to all his community including this avid student. The only problem was, in all my work, I wasn’t attracting readers, and website guests to me…I was attracting them to the mentor and his work.
What was I thinking!
Now you might think I was pretty foolish to spend eight years building someone else’s dream.
In hindsight I would say you are right. However, when I take stock of all that I learned in that period, I learned a lot of skills. Robert Kiyosaki says it well.
I have to take something good from those years of hours of late nights, spending time away from family with nothing online to show for it. I became a Jack of all Trades and Master of None.
In 2010, I changed mentors.
I spent tons more time and lots of money seeking direction again to build my own dream online knowing that it can be done.
I paid this mentor a hefty monthly fee for 18 months. Not only that, I paid for additional personal development courses and spent money on flights, hotels rooms, fees for more live events.
I knew it was possible to be successful online and I was determined to be a successful online business owner.
What has your journey been like?
In your journey to success online have you:
- Spent similar money on courses, worthless/dead end leads?
- Travelled down other rabbit holes that taught you skills but didn’t put all the pieces together?
- Been a part of communities that seemed more interested in marketing to you rather than giving clear direction?
- Worked without any logical plan?
- Been very discouraged, thinking the Internet is a “jungle and there’s lots of monsters in it?”
- Felt lost with no strategy in your work?
- Decided you were going to give up on your family and friends, you know there had to be a way to make the Internet work for you.
I found my “Home”. I found The Answer To All Those Years of Searching for a Solution.
- I found a community of like minded solopreneurs who are supportive, give feedback to my work, answer questions when I get stuck in a secure group page.
- I have access to live small group coaching calls 6 days of the week, sometimes twice a day to ask questions.
- I learned from training webinars that teach the elements of getting your business online, taking specific tasks and making them doable.
- Archived training gives me step by step teaching to get a blog online, to get a free offer created and up to begin building my list.
There are a lot more features of this training center, Daily Marketing Coach and the benefits you can receive also with me. You can learn more about it here.
Please leave a comment below if this post is of interest to you.